>I enjoy every holiday, but Independence Day is the best of the summer. My sister has a BBQ at her house where we will battle for the beer croquet championship. I’m hoping the cute guy I met the other day will be there. I was a little inebriated when I met him, so I’m also hoping he’s just as attractive when I’m sober.
Top Five BBQ Favorites:
- Favorite BBQ’d meat: Hamburgers unless steak is available
- Favorite BBQ side dish: Baked beans unless I’m having steak, then it has to be pasta salad.
- Favorite BBQ drink: Cold beer – nothing else is better on a hot summer day.
- Favorite BBQ game: Badminton
- Favorite BBQ appetizer: 7 layer dip and tortilla chips
PSA: If for whatever reason there are no fireworks in your neighborhood, you can watch Aerosmith on the Boston Pops show. It’s no David Lee Roth and the 1812 Overture, but it’s entertaining nonetheless.
>I miss Cal Expo fireworks. I remember they were cool, with a silmulcast and everything. Were smokin’ salmon on the barby and drinkin’ lots o’ wine! Have a great 4th! I hope your guy is still a cutie!
>My sister lives right on the levy, so we can climb up there and see the Cal Expo fireworks. We can’t hear the music, but it’s entertaining nonetheless.