Some of you just went, “Isn’t every day National Martini Day?” and that’s why we get along.
Who wouldn’t want to celebrate what’s essentially a garnished fancy glass of vodka? Well, martinis are more than just a glass of vodka. They have been for years. I mean the Cosmopolitan is type of a martini made famous by Sex and the City…was that over 10 years ago when the show first aired? Wow.
I will admit that the Cosmo and the Lemon Drop are my favorite types of martinis. In fact, the Lemon Drop is a great drink to order if you are new to imbibing in liquor. When made correctly, it takes like lemonade…with a kick. It was the drink I would order when I was a 22 year old woman just getting a taste for alcohol.
Vodka has certainly changed since then. It comes in many flavors these days. From what I remember, Absolut was the first brand that had flavored vodka. Now, the field is broader and so are the flavors. It’s not just fruit anymore. Some of them sound a little random, but I saw this Three Olives Vodka recipe for a Campfire Martini and was intrigued:
- 3 parts Three Olives S’mores Vodka
- Crushed graham crackers, chocolate syrup, marshmallows
- Dip the rim of martini glass in chocolate syrup and coat with crushed graham crackers.
- Pour Three Olives S’mores into martini shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a skewer of three toasted marshmallows!
It sounds like a fun drink to make when you are having a few friends over, especially in the summer time.