It’s easy to always throw yourself a pity party. There are probably a thousand reasons you should be bawling your eyes out right now. And sometimes, you need to have that mourning period. Get that crap out of your brain, so you can move on.
There’s nothing wrong with a little woe is me. What’s annoying is when it turns into a broken record. Take the needle off put on a new album already!
So, in an effort to put less cranky in the world, but not be so Facebook fake happy, I thought I’d share with you a few reasons why I’m happy to be single:
- Grooming – Pretty much if no one is going to see or touch it, I don’t have to worry about it. I’ll let your imagination fill in the blanks here…well, maybe you shouldn’t. Moving on.
- Flirting – I can flirt with any single man of legal age. And by single I mean unattached, not individual. There’s no one who will get hurt by my actions. The only thing that holds me back is my shyness. I can’t even imagine what it would be like not to be able to flirt so freely.
- Spontaneity – If I decide that I want to go on a road trip, I can go. If I decide I want to move to France, I can start planning for it right now. If I wake up and decide I want to sleep all day on Saturday, I can. If I want a Prada purse, I can buy one. Of course, I’m pretty sure my head would explode if I paid that much for a purse, but if I wanted to do it, nothing but my miserly ways and my checking account are stopping me.
- Bodily Functions – I don’t have to worry about someone hearing, smelling, or otherwise being grossed out by the call of nature. There’s something wonderful about being able to pass gas whenever the need arises. What? Only men get to enjoy their farts? Grow up.
- Entertainment – I can watch whatever I want whenever I’m not at work or called upon for a social endeavor. I can listen to whatever music I want or just sit in blessed silence and write for hours without someone glaring guilt in my direction. Silence is underrated by the way.