Shopping for a new car, it can be a challenge…OK, it’s a royal pain in the butt sometimes, but cars are necessary to most people and their livelihoods. I’m in the market for a new car, but how did I decide which one?
Last time I bought a car, I admit that I did it based solely on looks. Much like relationships based on the same reasoning, it was a bad idea. My Beetle is temperamental at best. However, I still have strong feelings for my car. I do love it. This is what my #NewCarFace looked like when I bought it. It was love at first drive.
Now, it’s 12 years later and my life has drastically changed. I need a vehicle that can handle the polar vortex that likes to hang out in Minnesota during the winter. Not to mention the potholes in the spring and summer that look like someone took a jackhammer to each and every street in the Twin Cities.
Older and wiser, I know to do more research when new car shopping. I need to dig beyond what the thing looks like. cars.com is a great place to compare makes and models, learn about gas mileage and what’s in stock at your local dealer.
Also, cars.com, known for taking the drama out of car shopping, is giving people a chance to win up to $25,000 to pay off their car loans. All you have to do is show cars.com your new car face. See my picture above? That’s the type of photo you need to enter the cars.com contest. You need to be in the photo with a car. It can be your current car or a car you’d like to have some day, but a car needs to be in the photo and so do you. And of course the cars.com folks want to
There are three ways to enter, but you can only have one entry in total. Got it?
On the Twitter: Tweet a photo of your new car and a happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention @carsdotcom in your tweet.
On the Instagram: Upload a photo of your new car and a happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention @carsdotcom in your comment.
On the Facebook: Post a photo of your new car and a happy new car face on the Cars.com Facebook wall (as a new post). Be sure to use #newcarface for your entry to be valid.
Legal stuff you should know:
- Participants can only submit 1 entry during the promotional period
- Encourage readers to visit http://bit.ly/1pLUGey for more examples of #newcarface entries, additional contest details and rules.
- Open to legal US residents (excluding MD, NJ and TN), 18+ who hold (or whose immediate family member holds) a qualifying vehicle loan or lease. Begins 7/29/14 at 8:00:00 am CST and ends 1/2/15 at 12:00:00 pm CST. Prize value up to $25,000. Subject to the Official Rules at http://bit.ly/1pLUGey. See Official Rules for full details, including eligibility criteria and qualifying vehicle restrictions. Sponsor: Cars.com, a division of Classified Ventures, LLC.
- Please do not include any personal information, like your license plate number.
- A “New Car” is considered a new or used car bought or leased on or after 1/1/2012.